At Northeast Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, we understand that the financial aspects of healthcare can be difficult to understand. Our office will try to do everything we can to help you understand your insurance coverage and financial responsibilities. If you provide us with accurate and current insurance information, we will be happy to file your charges with your primary and secondary insurance companies.
We ask that you bring proof of coverage (insurance ID card or insurance forms) at the time of your appointment. These documents will provide essential information that will help us determine the special requirements of your insurance plan, such as how often you may be treated and who may provide treatment to you and any family members covered by your plan. Please take time to review the following checklist that will help you provide us with all of the necessary information at your appointment.
If you have health insurance:
- Determine whether or not we are participating providers of your insurance plan.
- If your insurance company requires a referral from your dentist or physician, please bring a copy of the referral with you to your appointment.
- Check if your insurance plan requires prior authorization as a requirement for benefits to be paid. If so, you may need to contact your insurance company prior to your appointment.
- If your insurance coverage requires a co-pay at the time of service, please be prepared to pay that amount on the day of your appointment.
- You may call our office if you would like an estimate of the payment that will be due the day of your appointment.
- As a courtesy, we will submit the initial claim to your insurance company for services we provide you.
- You will be responsible for all charges your insurance company does not cover due to unpaid deductibles, coinsurance, or non-covered services.
We will work with you to maximize your insurance reimbursement for covered procedures. Even though some provided services may not be covered by your insurance plan, payment is still due at the time service is rendered unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
Please remember you are fully responsible for all fees charged by this office regardless of your insurance coverage!
If you do not have insurance coverage:
Payment in full is expected at the time treatment is rendered. For your convenience, we accept cash and most major credit cards for payment. Prior to your procedure, we can also make arrangements for financing through CareCredit. Please feel free to call our office if you would like an estimate of the payment that will be due the day of your appointment or to discuss payment options. If you have any other questions regarding your account, please contact us at 317-841-1100. Many times, a simple telephone call will clear any misunderstandings.
After you have visited our office, as long as your account has a balance, we will send you a monthly statement unless you are a Medicare/Medicaid patient, Workers Comp patient, or an automobile accident patient. Most insurance companies will respond within four to six weeks. Please call our office if your statement does not reflect your insurance payment within that time frame. Any remaining balance after your insurance has paid is your responsibility. Your prompt remittance is appreciated.