With over 40 years of combined practice experience, Dr. Garrison, and Dr. Kelly manage a wide variety of problems relating to the mouth, teeth and facial regions, practicing a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from corrective jaw surgery to dental implants and wisdom tooth removal. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons require up to 6 additional years of hospital-based surgical and anesthesia training beyond their general dentistry degree. Dr. Garrison is certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Garrison, and Dr. Kelly provide the following services to their patients:
- Removal of erupted and impacted teeth
- Dental implants to replace lost or missing teeth
- Reconstruction of the mouth, midface and upper/lower jaw, utilizing bone and/or tissue grafts
- Orthognathic surgery (correction of upper and lower jaw deformities)
- Diagnosis and treatment of oral conditions, infections and pathology
- Preparation of the jaws for tooth replacement or dentures, utilizing dental implants and ridge augmentation
- Trauma surgery related to accidental injuries of the face and jaws
- Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ) – diagnosis, treatment and reconstruction of the jaw joints
- Facial implants (chin, cheek, etc.)
- Diagnosis and treatment of snoring/sleep apnea
Northeast Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery features digital radiography to better serve our patients and referring doctors. Benefits of digital radiography include reduced exposure to radiation, enhanced patient education and better communication with referring doctors. While normal dental x-rays are very safe, digital radiography uses only a fraction of the radiation dose compared to normal x-rays. Using digital x-rays, the doctor can easily show and manipulate the images for the patients so that they can better understand the procedures being performed. This is also a benefit for referring doctors since the images can be quickly shared to facilitate intra-office communication and cooperation.